20130117

DIY Shredded Sweater


Hey everyone!

Here is a fun DIY post on how to make a shredded sweater. I've seen a lot of purposely destroyed sweaters on pinterest, and thought it looks super cute to add a little grunge to an outfit. I don't think I would pay money for a ripped up sweater that I can make myself! It's so easy, I almost feel like I don't even have to make a DIY post about it. Basically, you're making rips...pretty self-explanatory, right? Well, here it is anyways!

DIY how to make shredded destroyed sweater

DIY how to make shredded destroyed sweater

Step 1: Find a sweater to work with. I got mine from Forever21 last year, and wore it maybe twice. I love the bright color, but the fit is too boxy and boring. I suggest using a sweater that you wouldn't mind destroying on your first try! I'm sure you could easily find one from a thrift store for less than $5. 

DIY how to make shredded destroyed sweater

Step 2: Use a pair of scissors, and cut how wide you want your rip to be. 


Step 3: Pull and tug on the loose ends of the strings to widen the rip. Keep pulling until you reach where you want the rip to stop.

DIY how to make shredded destroyed sweater

Repeat the steps again anywhere you want! 

DIY how to make shredded destroyed sweater

I also cut the neckline and bottom of the sweater to give it a looser fit. 

DIY how to make shredded destroyed sweater
Jacket, Express____Beanie, Forever21

Voila! Your very own DIY shredded/destroyed/grunge-look sweater. Great for comfy days with leggings! Hope you guys liked this idea, and try it for yourself. 

Oh, and be prepared to vacuum after this little project... lol, look at my carpet :P






Follow via Bloglovin'



8 comments

Anonymous said...

This is such a creative DIY, definitely going to try it out sometime! Does it work on any knit sweater? Thank you so much! =)

XOXO

Jenniya said...

You will really find lots of creative ideas in Pinterest.

XX,
IamJenniya

Unknown said...

nice idea dear., it looks more stunning<3

Xoxo,Ila

In Front Row Style said...

hello! I did not know your blog, thank you very much for your comnetario in my blog, I follow you, I love your style. This post is usper original, the look is fantastic, I would very sorry auqnue do that in one of my sweaters! ajajaa
You in my blog and if you want you can follow me.
kiss.V.
www.infrontrowstyle.com

Netty said...

This actually looks really cute!

http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Cool idea, looks good.

http://THEURBANPROMENEUR.blogspot.com

compradora anonima said...

great DIY love it

Rubies and Emeralds said...

I LOVE DIY crafts...and this is a good one! I def have a few old sweaters I could cut up and make look like new again ;)

xoxo
http://rubiesemeralds.blogspot.com/

Hey Dahye ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger